Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Button up shirt / Tory Burch mid rise shorts / Sperry Top-Sider suede shoes / Tory burch bag
1. The BagWhen choosing a purse to carry around Disney, I suggest either a small backpack or cross-body bag. That way your hands can be free to eat snacks, shop, or snap pictures next to your favorite princess. Here are a few of my favorites:
2. Personal ItemsDuring the excitement of planning for a trip to Disney, you may forget a few items that could make a huge difference. I recommend throwing a small bottle of sunscreen, hand sanitizer, lip balm, extra hair ties, and a pen into your purse for the day. These items can be hard to find and more expensive in the parks. Do not forget to pack extra feminine products, sunglasses, your wallet, and a small pill case to hold medicine (if needed).
What is in your purse during a Disney vacation?
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Your wedding day is special and unique. It is the one time that you are allowed to buy specialty items and accessories for one day use. Here are a few of my favorite bridal goodies.
Philosophy Skin Care Set
Kate Spade "I Do" Necklace
Dress for Getting Ready
What are the items you are looking forward to purchasing for your special day?
Friday, February 21, 2014
Not every bride dreams of wearing a large white ball gown on her wedding day. But that does not mean she should have to sacrifice her bridal experience. Here are a few options for a non-traditional bride who is interested in buying a simple dress right off the rack.
1. Detailed Sundress
This option is great for women who are looking for a cheap and re-wearable option! Designers including Lilly Pulitzer and Lauren Conrad for Kohls have gorgeous pieces this time of year. Complete your look with a white headband and colorful pumps.
2. Sophisticated Maxi
This dress is similar to the traditional bridal gown with a smaller price tag. Add your touch of personality by choosing a dress in your favorite color or pairing it with a large statement necklace. The trend of colored bridal gowns is on the rise, so why not take full advantage of that?
3. Practically Bridal
For brides who desire the full bridal look and are short on time, an option such as this dress from Kate Spade's Madison Ave. Collection might be a perfect fit. Look for dresses made from satin or organza for a formal feel. Don't forget to add a birdcage veil and a colorful boutique to finish your wedding day look.
The most important thing to remember on your wedding day is to be yourself. It doesn't matter what you wear, where it is, or if the details are just perfect. What really matters is that you are true to yourself and you are marrying the love of your life. If you follow those two simple rules, your wedding day will be a smashing hit!
Thursday, February 20, 2014
1. Home and Life MagazinesNow that the wedding planning has finished, give her the inspiration for planning her new life. Magazines such as Better Homes and Gardens and Real Simple are full of decorating ideas, recipes, and organization tips.
2. Her New MonogramIf you cannot tell by the name of this blog, I love monograms! To symbolize your friend's new name and life, include a monogrammed item that she can use everyday. A few examples include a canvas tote bag from LL Bean or monogram necklace from Etsy.com.
3. Classy PajamasNow that the new Mrs. will be sharing a bed with her husband every night, tuck her in with stylish pajamas. This classic striped set from Victoria Secret is perfect for lazy movie nights or winter snuggles. Customize the set by adding her new monogram.
4. Home Spa ProductsPost-wedding stress might hit your friend like a ton of bricks! Prepare her with products for the perfect at-home spa. Nail polish, candles, and face masks can help the new Mrs. relax and save money.
5. Personal JournalHelp the new Mrs. remember the first months of her marriage in a customized journal, like this one from May Books Design. Don't forget to add some colorful pens or crazy pencils for her to use. This could become her treasured item in the future.
6. Honeymoon Picture FrameOnce the newlyweds return from their honeymoon, they will be looking for a unique way to display their pictures. Make or buy a fun frame to match their honeymoon destination. For example, if they relaxed at the beach, chose a frame made out of seashells.
What gifts would you want to receive after your wedding day?
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
For the Love of FloralMy favorite part of spring is the appearance of new flowers, plants, and baby animals. Mix some brightly colored patterns with dark tones for a classy outfit. For example, pair Lilly Pulitzer's First Impression Elsa over navy Pixie Pants from J. Crew. Finish the look with your favorite strand of pearls and set of riding boots.
Breaking out the Pastels
Nothing reminds me more of springtime than pastel colors. Light pink, baby blue, and pale green are perfect base colors for a spring inspired outfit. These Tory Burch skinny jeans would be adorable with a patterned sweater and ankle boots. Don't be afraid to mix pastel colors with bright patterns or dark colors.
Enjoy the Layers
Keeping warm while looking classy can be difficult. Preppy classics such as Ralph Lauren's Crested Jersey-Knit Blazer in hot pink over a simple sweater or long-sleeve polo shirt will beat the winter cold and drab. Create a Gossip Girl look with a pleated skirt and black tights. Don't forget your Queen B headband!
What will you be wearing these next six weeks?